Hey all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here, and there’s a good reason for it. I’ve been reworking my website (still not done) as well as writing/editing two novels, running giveaways and everything else in between. I’m finding that my time is vanishing pretty quickly these days! Each month the jobs are piling up as I try to promote my current series to new readers.
This year I changed my focus in several areas;
• I took on an author assistant.
• I used to blog and tweet about writing news until I sat down with my assistant and it became clear I wasn’t doing enough to appeal to my readers.
• So I changed my newsletter frequency from quarterly to once a month.
• I put together a Facebook Fan group for those on my newsletter who wanted a more personal connection with me.
• I plan on doing more giveaways.
• I set up the Bloody Big Giveaway with two other authors. The aim of the giveaway is to cross promote similar authors across all our newsletter lists so we can reach new readers and offer them quality books for their time. We ran our first giveaway in September. Check below for details about this month’s giveaway.
• I looked at ways to attract new readers. So I made my first book, Becoming Human, free in June and so far I’ve had over 10k downloads. I offered my novella, Derailed Conscience, for free to those who signed up to my reader group.
And now I’ve made one final decision: to pare this blog right back to announcements of giveaways/promotions and new releases. From time to time, that will include Sci Fi/Fantasy authors I’m happy to promote.
I just don’t have the time to post here regularly. But I’m not going anywhere. I’m just spending my time in other places.
Come hang out with me on my Facebook page.
Or my monthly reader group. If you sign up, you’ll receive a free book. How cool is that?
And if you sign up to my reader group and like it, you will be able to access my special Facebook Fan Group.
Bloody Big Giveaway
Before you go, the Bloody Big Giveaway is back for November and we have 6 Sci-Fi/Fantasy paperbacks from authors AD Starrling, GR Matthews, and Susan Kaye Quinn.
The winner will receive the following paperbacks (yes, real books!), and possibly some lovely author extras:
The Stone Road and The Blue Mountain from GR Matthews
Soul Meaning and King’s Crusade from AD Starrling
The Legacy Human and Open Minds from Susan Kaye Quinn.
So be sure to throw your entry in. You never know, it might be you!
P.S. Bear with me as I work through some design issues with my blog. Comments are closed for some reason even though I ticked the comment option. I just need to figure a few things out!